1 kit & kafoodle: Charlie & Co Burgers

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Charlie & Co Burgers

Stopped by for burgers here on a whim, after being unable to physically complete my aim of the night: to try all the food stalls at Emporium. Charlie & Co had a decent sized line, so I thought, WHY NOT.

First off, let me get started with the Parmesan & Truffle Fries ($4.9); they were pretty amazing. The truffle was evident as soon as you were handed the bag, without being sickening and they were crispy fried outside whilst remaining smooth on the inside. The parmesan wasn't overpowering either - I'd definitely hit these again.

I opted for the Mighty Charlie Burger ($13.9) with wagyu patty, bacon, egg, cheese, tomato, gherkins, caramelised onions, garden leaves, aioli and Charlie's tomato sauce. I do say, the burger is giant and leaks juice - just the way I like it. The patty is thick and tasty, and not overdone so it becomes tough and tasteless. The bacon adds a lot of extra flavour to the whole burger, as bacon usually does. Overall it's a more fresh, home-made tasting burger compared to a lot of other chains. I'd rate it.

TL;DR Looks like a burger place with a lot of potential!

Charlie & Co Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment