1 kit & kafoodle: Cupcake Central

Monday 28 July 2014

Cupcake Central


Cupcakes were all the rage a few years back (before the epic wave known as the Macaron took over) and plenty of cupcake shops can still been seen trying to take back the town. One of my more respected cupcakeries is Cupcake Central, a relatively new now-chain who change their innovative flavours with the seasons and release an inspired limited cupcake for their #SurpriseFlavourFriday (it's times like these I could get free every Friday). 

My favourite friday flavour has so far been their 'Lucky Charm' with bubblegum frosting and marshmallow base, decorated with Lucky Charm cereal. A more recent flavour I missed was their 'Freshy & Fruity Peach Cobbler' with a peach and raspberry base with fresh raspberry compote, topped with a light peach and raspberry buttercream frosting. Check their facebook page for their weekly surprises, or website for the seasonal list. 

Cupcake Central also release special event cupcakes, and I was lucky enough to catch their Pink Champagne Mimosa for Mother's Day.


Cupcake Central's cupcakes are always lovely and moist which is the key to an enjoyable cake. It was a very light strawberry velvet flavour and the creamy buttery icing was very sweet but incredibly tasty which was where the champagne flavour was most strong. The marmalade and pink shattered toffee made for a beautiful and tasty decoration atop the cupcake. I was devastated this was a once off but I did manage to snap up the last two for the day.

Not only do they make brilliant cupcakes, but Cupcake Central support good causes as well, donating 1000 Vanilla Bean cupcakes to the RSPCA Million Paw's walk. I managed to snag one and, though too plain for me (I always go for the wilder flavours), it was a satisfying snack to end a great day of facepainting dogs onto children's faces!

TL;DR My go-to cupcake place.

Cupcake Central on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment