1 kit & kafoodle: The Waffle Club

Monday 19 May 2014

The Waffle Club

I passed by this tuck-shop looking eaterie by chance when I was at the Queen Vic Market for the new monthly Sunday Craft Market. I of course, couldn't go past a store dedicated to waffles, so we stopped in for a quick snack (or two!).

The first dish I ordered was the Coconut Pandan Waffle with butter and kaya (sweet coconut spread), I was dubious but it looked like a special edition, so I gave it a shot. Turned out to be a great decision; the waffle was piping hot and crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside – cooked to perfection. The pandan flavour was evident and went so well with the melting butter and sweet kaya. I loved it.

Feeling like more sweetness, I ordered the Liege Banana Deluxe ($6) with chocolate topping, fresh banana, ice cream and almond flakes. This was unfortunately nowhere near as nice as the Pandan Waffle. It seemed to be harder in texture, not as sweet and had a stringy feel about the dough. It was sweet and the toppings were great but I prefer the Max Brenner Waffle recipe better.  


TL;DR Every time I am in the vicinity and they are open (seems to be only Fri-Sun) I will grab a Pandan Waffle, I suggest you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment